Isn't it amazing how a simple change in your diet can change so many things in such a short time.
To keep them on the right track, we are giving them a few more things they can do with their food....
First up is a spice rub which you can use on beef, chicken, lamb or even vegetables.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamon
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 nutmegs freshly grated [or 6 teaspoons ground nutmeg]
- Buy the freshest spices you can. Combine all spices in a clean jar, seal and store in a cool, dark place.
- Rub this spice mix into your meat or on vegetables before you cook them. Very simple but very tasty.
- You can purchase all these spices at the Birkenhead Aussie Butcher.
SALAD (Serves 4)
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 birds eye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger chopped finely
- 1 tsp fresh lemongrass [soft inner part only]
- handful of coriander leaves,roughly chopped
- Salad ingredients:
- 1-2 cos lettuce leaves inner leaves only
- 1 cucumber peeled then cut into ribbons use a potato peeler
- 2 carrots peeled then cut into ribbons with a potato peeler
- hand full of fresh mint leaves
- handful fresh baby rocket leaves
- 675g rump
2) Season rump with salt and pepper. Grill until medium rare. Rest 10 minutes, then slice across the grain thinly. Put into a bowl with the dressing and let it sit for 10 minutes.
3) Arrange the salad mix on large plate. Pour over dressing, then lay beef strips on top. Finish with fresh coriander leaves.
STAY ON YOUR GAME BOYS.